How to send & receive emails in Trello
Most organisations deal with email on a daily basis, and it can get messy.
This is especially true for teams with shared email addresses like sales@, accounts@ and support@. We all know Trello is great for collaborating and organising, but until recently there was no way to send and receive emails from in Trello. Well that’s now changed, with a new Power-Up called SendBoard.
SendBoard lets teams deal with their email directly in Trello.
- Receive Emails - New emails appear as cards on your Trello board, with smart logic to group conversations.
- Collaborate - Use the processes and Power-Ups you’re already familiar with to get work done in Trello.
- Reply - See the full thread of email messages and internal notes, then reply without leaving Trello.
It’s a whole new way to think about email for teams.
So how does the Power-Up work?
Let’s say you you’ve set up firstname.lastname@example.org to deal with your many requests for cat related artwork. Once you’ve added the Power-Up to a Trello board and configured all your settings, you’ll do all of your sales related emailing from within Trello.
Any time a customer sends an email to email@example.com, it will arrive as a new card in Trello. You can choose which list new emails should arrive in.
When you open up the card in Trello, you’ll be able to see the email content, and collaborate around a reply. And just in-case you aren’t available right away, you can set up an auto-reply so your customers get an immediate response.
When you are ready to reply, you can put together a rich-text email with attachments. You can also set up an email signature to be magically added to all of your future replies.
So that’s a brief summary of how the Power-Up works: Receive emails, collaborate, and then reply - all from within Trello.
How SendBoard can be used in your team
These are examples of shared mailboxes where teams often need to collaborate:
- Help or support emails (help@...)
- Accounts or billing emails (accounts@... )
- General emails to your team (info@...)
- Sales or order requests (sales@...)
- Job applications (jobs@...)
With emails arriving in Trello as new cards, your team can:
- Assign responsibility and move an email between lists.
- Discuss the email using Trello comments.
- Add checklists and due dates for work related to the email.
- Use other Power-Ups like Butler to automate tasks.
- Reply to emails directly from the card, using SendBoard’s email editor.
It's a whole new way to think about team email.
How to get started
SendBoard is listed in the Trello Power-Up directory where you can add it to one of your boards to get started on a 14-day free trial. To find out more information, check out www.sendboard.com. If the free trial works out well for your team, you can sign up on a paid plan, all from within the Power-Up settings. Plans are billed per board, on a monthly basis, for unlimited users.